View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Dinggo
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrosity View Post
This is exactly why I wont play EQ1 Live. I played a monk, quit around PoP came back for a few months got to level 72, only have around 200 aa's or so. Impossible to compete with players this way, its so completely unbalanced. AA's ruined the game IMHO due to balancing issues. That was the good thinig about WoW's system everyone got the same amount of talent points.

I played Wow until recently and quit for various reasons. I thought I would enjoy reliving my old conquests in EQ on P99 but the low population makes groupiing difficult, and for a monk with crap gear soliing is very difficult and tedious. So I went to EZ server created a monk and am enjoying him quite a bit. I can solo, have decent gear, my Epic 1.5 and hopefully 2.0 and beyond soon enough. I have no desire to play on Live unless they want to hand me about 1k free AA's.
The biggest issue with EQ today is the lack of fun. In the past doing EXP mobs or lesser group named camps were casual, you could kill away for hours and still have fun with your group, chating or whatever else.

Today, every damn trash mob is the same as a raid boss 2 years ago. They hit like trucks, and you need ot pay close attention to the action. If a named pops, espeically in T4 VoA, you need to pay 110% attention to the fight or you get roflstomped in 5 sec. Even at lvl 95, nearly 100k hp and 14,500+ AA's my SK is nearl dead every second tick fighting a named mob in a regular group. Without slow and a real healer + merc Cleric, I would never kill a single named in VOA. God forbid you look away from the screen mid fight for 2 seconds and miss a heal ... THAT is no damn fun at all, that is why people dont play as much or at all anymore really.