View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Uleat
Developer

I guess the term 'Front-End' would be more appropriate, but I've never seen a piece of software entitled as such. I only chose 'Console' because I want to 'Consolidate' the basic steps and processes involved in getting a server up and running.

I understand what a telnet console is (I've looked at enough orange and green screens in the military), but my misunderstanding about port 9000 was that I thought the login server assigned this to the client when it logged in. I didn't realize it was hard coded into the client, and hence my change in the number of world servers that a single computer can host.

And yes, the main focal points are install/configure, but I want it to also start as well. It will have a built-in browser for accessing the emulator's http page (port 9080), along with some other basic functions. If a person wants to install/configure using this 'console', they can still use 'serverstart.bat', 'ServerAdmin', etc... to run it.

I'm trying to attempt a 'non-duplication' effort, so I don't mind anyone sharing facts, opinions, criticism, etc...

U

Compilin' Dirty