View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:45 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
It is addictive, but not exactly the same way as EQ. I played EQLive for years straight, but only played D2 for a couple of months at a time then took a year or so break and came back to it and would play it again for a while. I expect D3 to be pretty similar, where you play it for a while then maybe come back to it again a few months or years later and enjoy it all over again.

The game itself is pretty awesome. Even if I only played 1 time through normal mode I feel like it was well worth the money. Currently, I am playing inferno difficulty, and still enjoying it. My wizard is up to 49k DPS self-buffed now, but I still need to work on my build for inferno to survive a bit better while retaining the high DPS.

The D3 forums are practically useless as anyone who enjoys the game is playing it (which is the majority of players), while people with complaints come to the forum to post negative threads. Yes, there are some valid complaints, but most of it involves the end-game stuff and they are patching regularly to resolve as many of the issues as they can. I am sure it won't take long to fix most of the major things people complain about in the game. I think the game lacks a bit in build diversity, but I expect that they have some cool stuff planned that they are saving for the first expansion that will add lots of flexibility in class diversity. Even with the current state of D3, the diversity is decent. I think most people started complaining almost right away because they hadn't invested the time needed to create some of the more unique type of builds and gear setups.

Obviously, some classes are going to be easier to get going in the higher difficulties. Right now, I think the preferred end-game class is DH, with Wiz being a close second. Then, I think Monk is next due to their ability to avoid damage. The Witch Doctor is good for pets to deal with combat, but they normally lack in DPS from what I have seen. The Barbarian is probably one of the hardest classes to make a decent build for in Inferno, but does really well up until that point.
Well said. I just entered Inferno and I can already tell I'm going to need to do a LOT of farming so I can get my survivability up. With the Force Armor nerf (not saying I was actually WANTING to use it) you really have to build for survival and not just DPS. I'm not getting facerolled in Act 1 yet, but I imagine the pain will pick up in Act 2 when the mobs are a lot less predictable.