View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Default Enlightened Dark Returns September 1st

As some of you have seen Enlightened Dark has been back on the server listing as locked and a new release date on September 1st. Let me first off say thank you to the developers of the PEQ DB for giving me a solid base to start with. It has helped a ton in learning scripting, mob placement and a ton of ideas. I would also like to say thank you to the several 100's who helped with testing during the on and off times since it's first release almost a year ago last September 9th. The server has undergone plenty of changes, new additions, events, quests, mobs among others since it's initial release. I planned for the release around then as I have had some setbacks regarding the Omens of War expansion, along with a new wave of ideas on how to do certain things and how to introduce further expansions. Now regarding the server here is some information.

The current content featured is the Omens of War expansion which includes 8 zones from the expansion. Instancing was done away with for now as it could be buggy at times. The zones featured are:
--Dranik's Scar: Level 35-60
--The Bloodfields: Level 55-75
--The Ruined City of Dranik: Level 65-75
--Noble's Causeway: Level 60-75
--Wall of Slaughter: Level 60-75
--Muramite Proving Grounds: Level 65-75
--Riftseekers' Sanctum: Level 70-80
--Citadel of Anguish: Level 70-80

The current level cap is 70 so don't let those ranges fool you. The level cap will be raised in the future. The server also contains almost 300 fabled mobs ranging from classic through Velious expansion. The server contains loots and spawns and quests accurate to live, but experience is accelerated, events are tweaked to be ONE groupable, and items are modified based on a scale to keep the game soloable/groupable. At no given time will you be required to need more than one solid group. Now this DOES NOT mean everything can be boxed. Some events are tricky and require the use of multiple players, not just toons.

There are custom quests developed within the server such as a trophy hunting quests for some great gear by farming fabled mobs, planar progression was completely revamped into a task based progression, custom epic 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 quests and plenty more to be experienced here on Enlightened Dark. Gates of Discord expansion was also revamped into 4 complete zones with customary events compressed from each zone into 1 zone from each of the 4 tiers of Gates of Discord so all of your favorite items are out there to be gained.

This server is not a server you will master and complete within a week or two. There is plenty of content to experience along with the new custom development to explore through. Boxing is allowed here upto 6 toons simply because of the "oh well my roommate or brother or family or whatever wants to play". This gives both people the opportunity to box 3 toons if desirable. Don't think if you're a solo player this place isn't for you as well, as there are plenty of people that would look to group together when the server was current. There is a plan in the works to make platinum effective all together creating some sort of economy and people seeking those attuneable and droppable gears.

I realize this post is pretty long, but it sums the server up along with the direction I'm attempting to bring it. I am the only GM for the server so development has been casual. There is no donation system in place and no favoritism is shown, therefore everyone will work for everything they gain. There is another month until release so until then I will continue to put effort and time into the server to bring the best solo/group progression experience possible while following the trail of live with my own twisted custom content. Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the server in the meantime and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Can't wait to have the server live again in one month!

Enlightened Dark: Ascension