View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Characters De-levelling to 52

On my server, characters are experiencing a problem where they are sent back to level 52. It seems to only happen to characters who are level 60 though. I have three different rulesets for the maxexplevel rule, 1=51, 2=60, and 3=65. I made every classic zone use ruleset 1, so the max level you can reach in classic is 51. Kunark zones all use ruleset 2, so the max level should be 60; however, while fighting in Kunark zones, people are being sent back to 52.

I have personally experienced it after dying (there is no exp loss on my server) and being returned to my bind point, which was in Karnor, and my two characters went from 60 to 52. Three other people have now said that while fighting in Kunark zones, they lost 8 levels. Does anyone know of a fix for this to keep it from happening? Right now, I have a global quest to keep track of a player's max level and then an NPC will restore it for them if they are de-levelled, but that's an annoying solution because you have to keep leaving the zone to go get your levels back. It also appears that it is often your first kill upon zoning in that de-levels you.