View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Agachak
Fire Beetle

Default nw pc build issues. mabey find help here?

Ok so ive been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to building pc's..but its not my first rodeo..anyway bought a Ga-f2a85x-up4 with an A6 off newegg. Right now all i get is an orange light on the mobo pwr switch. No cpu/case fans, hd spin up..nadda. Powersupply is a 550watt model BFGR550WGSPSU. I have one stick of 4g Ddr 3 installed in slot 1 and two hard drives connected. Keepin it as bare as possible. I know the pwr supply works. Wondering if it is the 12v connection. Noticed the connector shapes are slighty different. Rounded top as apposed to square on the smaller section of the supply split..what i mean is the atx supply on.my old board.was 6pin and this board is 8 so i needed to use the additional 2 pins connected to the same supply cord. Dunno if this makes any sense and sorry for typos..posting this with my phone..kinda pita also took a pic on.said phone..looking to figure out how to upload it from phone to net and post if it will help. Tried changing out the case power switch thinking mabey it was bad but no go there.. Any suggestions appreciated