View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 03:00 PM
PiB
Fire Beetle

Default Loadable crypto for Linux

I have been working on making the Windows loadable crypto code work on Linux. This turned out to be mostly removing the #ifdefs and implementing
some functions in loginserver/Encryption.cpp with the Linux equivalents.

This seems to be working well for me, but one downside is that it requires recompiling EQEmuAuthCrypto as a shared library (.so). I have tried to do
this but the version I have is not compiled with -fPIC:

Code:
FAILED: : && /usr/bin/c++  -fPIC -O2 -g -DNDEBUG   -shared -Wl,-soname,libEQEmuAuthCrypto.so -o loginserver/libEQEmuAuthCrypto.so
 loginserver/CMakeFiles/EQEmuAuthCrypto.dir/EQCrypto.cpp.o  ../dependencies/libEQEmuAuthCrypto.a ../dependencies/libcryptopp.a && :

/usr/bin/ld: ../dependencies/libEQEmuAuthCrypto.a(EQEmuAuthCrypto.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making
 a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

../dependencies/libEQEmuAuthCrypto.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
To test this I have created a similar library that does not use any encryption (except for hashing the password). Using it is similar to how it is done
on Windows, by editing login.ini. One difference is that plugin should be a full path or explicit relative path:

Code:
[security]
plugin = ./libEQuilibrePlaintextAuth.so
mode = 5
I have commited these changes to a GitHub fork if anyone is interested: https://github.com/pixelbound/Server...e-crypto-linux.

Last edited by KLS; 05-04-2013 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: ridiculous page width