View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzsharasDad View Post
You aren't schizophrenic, right? No insult intended I am half joking, but I see frequent and massive changes and that makes me cautious to invest time with so much uncertainty regarding the intended direction of the game.
No. I am not diagnosed with Schizophrenia.
I can tell reality from fantasy or something that is not real.
(meaning of the word you used)

I do apologize if the changes lately have been rather sporadic but this change I just made is to balance the server by pushing everybody up to a certain point; and then releasing content that a large majority of players can tackle while being able to find groups a lot easier for the new content coming out because everybody is around that power level. The main reason for this is because we did not do a full wipe when Ascension came out, which ultimately allowed uber players who were from the old server steamroll content to the point the economy was harmed and nothing was strong enough to stop them. With everything being attunable it lead to some major problems in the beginning with loot and lower level power ranked players getting their hands on it too early. I did promise these players who worked hard that I wouldn't wipe it though and I kept that promise. However, these changes that just happened needed to take effect because this will allow everybody to get caught up to those players easier, stabilize the economy and allow a new door which leads to content that can actually challenge everybody not just top geared toons to come into fruition.

I am doing my best to get the server steady before I can even call it a "Beta". It is still in alpha right now for a reason. Many of the AA problems players were experiencing (not having anything to spend them on) has been fixed with the new additions. I wish a majority of players could experience what it's like to have their own server at least once in their life and experience the various opinions that fly at them in all directions from multiple individuals that want them to change the server in their vision as if they are right and you are wrong and they want to take over.

For those types of players, I have one option for you: Start your own server and good luck with it. If you want to truly express your vision to the world and ultimately feel what it's like to have opinions thrown at you to experience what you just dished out for yourself, be my guest.

This is not saying that some of those players do not have good ideas. (I've taken plenty ideas and used them) but it is saying like above that you can't please everybody no matter how hard you try.

I appreciate your feedback but this is still an alpha and I ask for your patience until we go beta.