Thread: New to EQEMU
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 PM
knowom
Discordant

I'm not worried about the XP it takes to reach level 99 right now that can be adjusted in various ways anyways such as through more solo and group experience rates along with zone xp modifiers.

As far as removing certain portions of the DB I don't see a problem with it it's all quite easy to control I have SQL's for the individual tables and it's easy to grab things and add them back from the source db tables if I actually need to do so for whatever reason at any given point.

The whole point was to remove stuff I won't use or at the very least don't plan on using. If I end up needing some later so be it, but this makes it a lot simpler to work with my server DB by removing the clutter I don't need so I can find what I do need or want more quickly.

There is certain stuff I kept in tact for the time being as I don't know what I'm going to do with them for now, but stuff I know I can remove and won't miss I'm gutting along with stuff I'm certain enough I can start modifying to my overall target goals I have in mind.

I'm learning as I go here and I'm bound to make mistakes in the process that I'll have to look into later and correct, but I've got to start somewhere.

The EQemu server setup guide only takes you so far. In terms of the actual server modifications beyond the base starting template I've pretty much been learning through pure trial and error.

They do have some other areas that are helpful scattered through the website and on the forums that have been helpful, but it's pretty cut and dry in some cases when you've had no first hand experience with any of it.

I'm just doing the best I can with the knowledge I do know about computers and with the information I have been able to find and interpret through trial and error.

It's a lot of work no matter what in a lot of cases regardless from what I can see and gather thus far if your not planning on just utilizing the base source server setup mostly unaltered and I haven't even gotten into much of the real nitty gritty aspects yet.