View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I'm doing what I can to make things a lot more fun for everybody and challenge them to the fullest. The server was lacking that for a while but sebilis has surely changed that.

I'll need to stop over and say hi on Akka's Funhouse sometime. Good job on it.
Must of taken you a good deal of work to get all that in. Don't burn out. Sound advice for any dev.
You need to take your own advice, I've been doing this for going on 6 years, I've experienced the ups and downs and serious disappointments of putting your heart and soul into a project that has dwindling results. I've been through serious amounts of stress, I've absolutely busted my ass for this community and not just my own projects while maintaining an absolutely jam packed schedule. I think I've learned the heard way to manage my own, as you are now.

The reason why I'm responding in this fashion is because I wasn't happy to find out AFTER I just posted in this thread for gods sake that YOU were the one trolling my thread I cleaned up. I don't appreciate someone who is trying to be a community advocate, complaining over other developers having 'advantages' when you pull shit like signing into another username and post on my expansion thread that everyone in EQEmu thinks that I post too much, are you fucking kidding me?

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...954#post223954

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslander View Post
This really needed a new topic?

edit - Pretty sure of all emu knows is what I am saying.
You make minor posts in your thread EVERY day and I get complaints about it from folks, and do you know what I say? I say 'He's pouring his heart into a project and he is just wanting to get people to know about it'. But no, you had to do that on my one fucking post I've made since hmmm, years?

You really need to watch your shit because you're walking a fine line with someone who you really shouldn't. I do NOT deserve that kind of bullshit.

You have reaped EXTREMELY EXTREMELY cheap hosting through my 'community hosting' because I have decided to give back to the community once AGAIN through offering such cheap hosting, go somewhere else your equivalence is creeping $200 unless you cheap out on a VPS. I host several EQEmu servers that I don't need to name off.

I've bailed you out of piss poor management with your source and database. I've helped you many times for damn near nothing, expecting nothing in return. But when I get this, it is really hard for someone not to get a bit urked about.

Donations are your business but when you wonder why players are getting pissed off about them you need to take MY advice and listen to their concerns, what they feel and see is the perception of the reality.

And no, this is not me taking a power trip. This is not me parading with a seemingly active server recently. I really do NOT care about the latter, because I do not ever bend my integrity or trust. If I was that kind of asshat - I do host your server don't I (Fill in the blank here)?

My server may be active right now, but that could change tomorrow, that could change next week, it is what it is! Whatever happens happens! Hopefully my playerbase enjoys it and if they don't that is totally their choice and my fault for not delivering or listening to what they were trying to say from the beginning.

You are a community figure and you need to stop acting like a snake, it will get you NO where.