View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:19 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Lane,

I had a concept I started to work on for a server I was tinkering with....

--- Dragons Vs. Giants -+- Take the original premise, tweak it, and extend it.

--- Antonica:: Mod the barbarian starting areas to more properly correspond to Giants. Possibly mod *elves* DE and HE respectively for an association with dragons? Etc..
1) Extended antonica with the Drakkin and associated zones. Mainly for the Giants, but mod in some Dragons properly.

--- Kunark:: Take everone's fave Leezards and tweak in a ... neutrality tie-in / conflict for the Dragon Vs. Giants premise that was Vellious...

--- Vellious:: Ahhh good old Vellious! Loved that expansion... Dragons Vs. Giants anyone? In my opinion they never really finished out the D vs. G story. Take most of the quests for gear and armor etc that is in place and obviously mod things upward, and outwards a good bit.

---+--- Ok so, the premise that ties in PvP and PvE is that players start out sworn to Dragon or Giant Faction / side via their choice of deity. Lizards, Cats, Half Elves, Halflings, and probably Humans can swear to a neutral path that straddles the story line in a nicely blurry / grey way.
-- Here is the PVP tie in... A Dragon sworn player kills a Giants sworn player... said player gets approximately 10x the faction hit that killing a PvE mob would generate, plus the player gets to loot the fallen Giant Sworn's body of a varied amount of slots. This variance would be level dependant. Low level players: you get 1 item from them, and it is a non critical slot. Medium level players: you get 2 items and 1 can possibly be a main type slot. High level players: you get 3 items from pretty much any non Bags-Inventory slot. The amount of faction and experience you get from a player uses the standard CON system already in place, but obviously modified for a PvP _+_

This faction can be not only Dragon / Giant related, but Deity as well. The spell system would be worked over to have a GREY area of base spells, and then the really interesting spells are Dragon / Giant / Deity related. Well, spells and/or gear etc... Btw.. Player (A) kills Player (B), gets a Main Slot Loot: Brestplate baby! This is Dragon Vs. Giant btw, Player (B) was Giant faction, and his breastplate was his spankin' new Quest one! Congrats to player (A), you just got an item you can turn in for your own Dragon Quest Breastplate! ... PvP BABY! YEAH!

Just a few old ideas that were rattling around in my musty, dusty brain.
Gary