View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khokon View Post
Hey All,

it is a very interesting server and setup. Population is low currently and thats a problem. But I'm sure this server can be very successful in the long run. And if not, shrug - personally I'm playing alone anyway.

At low to mid levels this plays like a classic server with travelling thorugh PoK and with veteran AAs for double exp, clarity etc once per day. Newbie quests do work so you can start a gear dependant class and get some decent equipment early on.
There is no trivialisation like defiant armor, so camping items in the old worlds does make sense. You get to see alot of the world.
Those expansions up to GoD contain alot of things to be discovered. The path to 65 is going to be interesting for sure.

Max level is 65, you have access to AAs. It will be very interesting to see how far you can get in velious with your dual box and later on in groups & raids.
I dont know the GM Provocating other than from his posts. But I've been looking for a server with an admin who is reliable. He's the best out there. Great Server.

Come on over and give it a try,
Best regards,
Khokon
I appreciate your comments Khokon, I saw you were on last night with Smyrna but I could not play. And you are right, we are reliable and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way. I intentionally do not mess with the content much, if at all. Things like the defiant I remove because as you said, it makes the old world armor trivial. Not messing with the content keeps things from getting out of balance. I do not want to change things mid-stream so this is it, I will not be changing xp rates, there will be no triple experience weekends or any non-sense like that. I will not be rewarding people because the server was down for two weeks, stuff like that. Since I have been on U-Verse the longest we have been down was maybe 2 hours, and that is because someone hit a telephone pole.

Yes, it will be challenging but that was draws me in as a player. There are only so many times I would want to send a set of bots in, it is just too clicky, I feel like I am playing WOW. So far my Druid Tenawulf is level 41 and the path has not really been that hard. I am getting to be a snare kiting expert again and that makes me happy. We are using the veteran AA's to help level a bit. It does encourage you to play daily to get that 30 minutes of double XP, it also makes you want to play multiple characters, I switch toons a lot. Honestly it is the most fun I have had in a long time and I think things are perfect. If we never get a high population, that is fine. I want dedicated players that are resourceful.