View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarekis View Post
I like the concept of your server, Provocating. However, the prospect of dual-boxing without /stick & /stick hold is not so enticing.

I often have the problem of box-inflation on PEQ. I'd like to stick to dual or trio boxing, but I can't help myself and always revert to my 6-12 boxing ways

A server with a forced limit of two boxes sounds awesome! I'd love to see how it pans out. It will be difficult, of course, to get things done with a small economy in the state the server is in currently, but doable, provided the second box. Traveling is a pain without /stick, though. I understand that if you allow MQ2, you're going to have a difficult time policing just what functions players call- but /follow is dreadful!

Is there any chance you might consider the use of MQ2 strictly for the /stick functionality (not even to mobs, just for accurate following purposes)? It would be a huge improvement for play-ability and long-term enjoyment (less frustrating travel).
Well since I am not versed in /stick maybe you can give me a link or someone could elaborate. In general I am not against anything that does not give a player an unfair advantage over other players, or require code or database changes. Also when you start allowing one thing, it opens up avenues for other things in the future. Sometimes it is better to just have a blanket policy. I will be making it to 65 on all of my characters without even dual boxing, given time. No one should be in a rush to level, stop and smell the flowers, take in the EQ lore and nostalgia.