View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:12 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet View Post
Whenever you're ready to texture that, let me know. I can show you some UV mapping techniques that will make things a lot easier for you.
Yeah defiantly will do once I get to that point. Not trying to rush it I want to get it looking as a right as I possibly can.

Another update btw just finished up with the last bit of water. I also cleaned up the boarder is it starting to look a bit more familiar?

Don't mind the extra stuffs in the background that's mostly just there in case I accidentally screw something up. Here's a peak at how the mountain terrain is beginning to take shape very #Minecraft reminiscent for time being. I just want to get the general layout structure across initially. After that I can work toward beveling, smoothing, fracturing, and contorting it to give it character.

Another screenshot on how it's starting to look. It's defiantly getting closer in feel. I'm pretty glad I decided to give this a try time consuming, but feels worth the time investment. A new yet old yet different type of nostalgia than we've been accustomed to in EQemu. Populating it with spawns will be interesting to say the least. It'll be kind of fun just experimenting with that I think.

New screenshot I'd estimate about 2/5's of this stage of development for the mountain terrain is done with. The sections are defiantly beginning to look more and more familiar.