View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 06:59 PM
utbbop
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Really need more information to even be able to answer that question. Are you wanting to host it from home? Do you have a static i.p. address available to you? Do you have the funds available to you for paying for hosting? How many players are your end goal? Are you planning on making an elaborate website, you will need more bandwidth for that?
Thanks for the follow up Provo.

Are you wanting to host it from home?
Not against this, my determination would be based on the server needs and my available internet speeds through Time Warner.

Do you have a static i.p. address available to you?
Not entirely sure, probably something I would need to research with Time Warner?

Do you have the funds available to you for paying for hosting? How many players are your end goal?
Not entirely sure as I dont have any clue as to cost here. I anticipate a server that attracts less than 100 connections at any time. Probably more like 20-50 connections is more realistic...

If my options are to host at home or pay for hosting I think my preference would be to pay for hosting...assuming the cost isnt ridiculous. I really just have zero education on hosting a server with a third party. In my head, i picture paying someone to access a virtual machine of sorts where I can access my "AKKAS PEQ REPACK" folder to start/end/backup my server, etc. I would then re-establish connections to the EOC using the "virtual machines" IP's and stuff...

Are you planning on making an elaborate website, you will need more bandwidth for that?
Not planning anything elaborate. Just a simple site with a forums and landing/news page.

Thanks Provo, let me know if you want more info.