View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 02:56 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenthrose View Post
so what your telling me then @demonstar55 is i have to play on live if i want to play eq?
there has got to be some way i can play on the eqemulator sites with some of the files from patching to live (multiple copies) up til the lastest patches i wasnt able to, but since then i can play live, so why cant there be some way for me to use those files so i can play here?
In order to play on an EQEmu server you must use one of the supported clients, patching to live will not work. If one of those specific clients do not work on your CPU, then you're screwed. But redownload the steam download (if you haven't backed it up) and try setting the affinity (WinEQ2 does this automatically) which you can do through the Task Manager (http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...formance-edge/)

The newer client's also have affinity options in the INI, I haven't really dicked around with them. Googling trevius' suggestion also leads to many threads to similar issues people have had on live, try some of those. But make sure you do not patch to live, since that will not work here.