View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 02:25 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
Firstly, this is something that definitely needs to be tried on a TEST server. I have a local test server set up on a separate computer with local login, sourced with database from my actual server. I'll be testing this there first, of course.... My question stems from respect for the amazing developers that have set up this emulator software. If they set things up with multiple rule_sets, and implemented it with them, they probably had good reasons for it. Removing them all seems a bit harsh, sort of like amputating a toe because you have a sliver or thorn in it...

The only purpose is for you to have options. If you don't want those options there is no detrimental effect for removing it. I don't want the option so I did. I balance my server around a single rule set which keeps things simple and consistent across the board.

Now for instance if you want wizards to have an extra 20% spell crit in Plane of Hate, and only plane of Hate, then that would be well within your power to use a separate rule_set.