View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:43 AM
Davood
Discordant

one thing that hasnt been experienced by you yet, because i havent been using static zoens recently.. is the zombie mode.

right now when you die, your body will animate as an exact copy of you at your level etc. it can be quite nasty. I've just been profiling the behaviour of my server in the last while to figure out which zones etc to make static as it now runs in a vm isntead of a physical box. when i was runnign it on a physical box. i received alot of "wtf zombies!" messages.

regarding zone crashing on equipping bots and other bugs.. lets play those by ear.. i am going to try and upgrade the server code to current code base sometime very soon. if i succeed then its balls to the wall on fixing bugs

regarding the vanilla feel. yes that is the intention. its a little pretend "oh you have saved the world!" fun and games, then things start unlocking and getting a little nuts. my intention was not to spend alot of time messing with vanilla eq. everyone knows vanilla eq, so let them have that taste then everything starts becoming closer to 100% custom as the game takes a twist into dungeon crawling ridiculousness

the progression is like this
vanilla, kunark, velious = 5% custom
luclin = 5% custom
LDON = 100% custom
something after LDON = 100% custom
PoP = 20 % custom
everything after PoP = 100% custom
also.. i have something in store for the endgame .I'm calling it "newgame+"