View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:17 PM
knowom
Discordant

Wow been awhile since I made some posts in this thread, but it's nice to see some of the stuff devn00b did with the ideas talked about. Love the town wars and bounties thing you've got going on and team pvp in general though it could use better balancing. I've got additional idea's in mind to expand upon what your all ready going on with Rolfron Zek a bit further somethings to think about. Those are nice custom touches and I think that's a step in the right direction along with additional mixtures of nostalgia meets customizing a little bit of a 50/50 blend to me is quite ideal one part familiar one part new and exciting. This server is very intriguing.

Instead of breaking teams up into Good Team: Erudites, Humans, Half Elves, Halflings
Neutral Team: Barbarians, Dwarves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Gnomes
Evil Team: Dark Elves, Ogres, Trolls, Iksars

Keep the general premise of Good/Neutral/Evil, but make it so it isn't class/race dependent limit deity choice to 3 options each one representing good/neutral/evil guilds at /guildwar against each other. Also then make it so race/class can pick any of the 3 deity options.

This way class balance is not at all a problem you don't have the issue of a certain faction alignment being w/o a certain class role nor do you have a real issue of small/medium/large either your simply picking.

That's one option or something more like this with Humans having 3 deity option determining alignment due to the monk issue.

Good Team - Barbarians. Erudites, Half Elves, Halflings, Humans
Neutral Team- Dwarves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Gnomes, Humans
Evil Team - Dark Elves, Ogres, Trolls, Iksars, Humans

Lastly if you introduced Vah/Froglok race options you could do the following by enabling Froglok to play Monk class like was recently done on live. I'd probably insert Froglok class in place of orc camp in Sro and Vah located underneath Aviak tower in South Karana both those locations would actually fit fairly seamlessly and believably for those two player races types actually.

Good - Barbarian, Dwarf, Gnome, High Elf, Wood Elf
Neutral - Erudite, Froglok, Half Elf, Human, Ogre
Evil - Dark Elf, Halfling, Iksar, Troll, Vah Shir