View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Default Skills problem: stuck on a certain value

I've been playing/testing on my server recently. One of the dozens of issues noted is the stagnation of certain skills at a specific number. All other skills seem to be working fine up to the point I am at in the game and are falling in line with the skill_caps table I altered in the database.

Character:

24 Barbarian Warrior

Problem skills:

All weapon skills (1hb, 1hs, 2hb, 2hs, piercing)

Offense

Defense

These skills seem to have capped at 113. Each of these skills should have a cap of 125 for this particular character at this time. As stated above, other skills, including other characters' skills, appear to be fine up to this point and are adhering to the skill_caps table.

I've tried altering the Character:SkillCapMaxLevel from -1 to 50 in the rules_values table to no avail.

The Character:MaxExpLevel in the rules_values table is set to 50.

The `level` column in the skill_caps table goes to 50 for each skill listed, corresponding to the Character:MaxExpLevel of 50. I truncated the main table from the main DB I used to create a classic DB.

There are a total of four other class/skill combinations which have a termination point of 113. Throwing (skill 51) for warriors (1), rangers (4) and monks (7) and sneak (skill 42) for monks (7). Not that this has anything to do with it. *I changed monk throwing noticing my error.

Bash, kick, parry, dodge, double attack and dual wield are all capped according to the skill_caps table.

I use a titanium client and my goal with the server is classic. I've done quite a bit with the DB on both small and large scale but I have a ways to go.

Diverging from the title of this post, I have several pages of issues noted. While many of these issues are simple database changes or quest writing, many others are not. Rather than flood the forum with all my questions and conversely, rather than spend all my time trying to research each issue, I would prefer to submit the issues I need help with to a willing recipient(s) and chip away at it that way.

Maybe I am wasting my time trying to fix all these issues when there is something out there 'whole' which would be much closer to what I want than what I have now.

Thanks