View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

We aren't trying to be harsh, but I've been in your shoes - I used AXClassic way back when, and I damn sure hit that point where you are - some things are either not there (scions), or you say "boy I wish I had this feature everyone is talking about" or maybe you wake up one day and want more than what AXClassic has, be it expansions, AA's, bot upgrades, mercs, working utilities to modify things (Akka's kick ass EoC!!), whatever - then you'll have to ditch your current database and server and start all over again. After being through all of that, it's not worth the headache.

Private server is or can be a lan server, it's one you use for yourself, friends, family, barney the dinosaur - it doesn't mean open server that shows on the EQEmu Loginserver. It can be a single player experience, a lanparty server, whatevs.

You are on the right track for moving quest files, but you'll need to make sure those NPC's actually exist in your database as well - and I'm not sure if any of the current DB Tools will support AX's schema.. which again brings me back to point #1 - if you can't use the tools, you'll have to do everything by hand, and that's a lot of queries and head scratching. A lot.