View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 11:15 AM
MarcusD
Banned

Provoc I'm not a kid lol I know that I am going to have to learn. This isn't about me getting my fix of classic eq, one of the goals in my life is to make my own mmo and a great way to do that is pick up where the original 989 release left off. My only question is if I should work backwards from eqemu or work from scratch with a new client but I don' know enough about what is going on to know the best way forward. I am working with/for adrian so I can get my finger in the door and start learning with a mentor. My thought though is that 989 used some type of C++ tool to where some program wrote the code for what they wanted to build so I don't want to have to learn latin when spanish works know what I'm saying?

And the troll accusations begin (from demonstar not tyen)! Never has anyone ever called me a troll my entire life except in relation to p99. During my time there not only did the players relentlessly call me a troll but even the devs joined in! You can go search for marcusd in the p99 forums and see how I was treated there (if they didn't delete all my threads which it looks like they did). Great community you got there!

And tyen I totally agree. We will get there together, open source=working together. And since p99 hasn't been open they have no part in what is coming. They could have been the leaders of a great new movement but instead once we reinvent the wheel they will get run over by the movement instead. Sorry .