View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Krran
Sarnak

Default Bot problems: can't create (invalid name) and can't convert old bots to new system

It has been a while, around June 2015. I have tried to update a few times since then, but eventually gave up.

This time around:

I pulled the latest server files and made sure to check EQEMU_ENABLE_BOTS in Cmake. build seemed to go fine, moved the new files into the server directory and ran the update script. A few update files came up for selections 3 and 4 and I proceeded with the updates.

I had several bot errors and concluded that I was missing the new bot_data, bot_groups, etc... files. I did some searching and found the update files through this link:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree.../bots/required
I went ahead and ran the updates from those files. Now the tables exist, which I am assuming is a good thing, however, my old bot info in tables like: bots, botinventory, etc... did not get moved to the new bot tables.

So, my old bots are currently inaccessible.

Also, when I try to create any bot, I get the message:
'xxxx' is an invalid name. You may only use characters 'A-Z', 'a-z', and '_'
So I also cannot create new bots. I always fudge something up when I update. But, I am hoping I can get it fixed this time around.

Can anyone give some guidance on these errors, especially with the one related to bot creation?