View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 11:41 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

I can only give my own opinion on this, but that's one hell of a vision. Although some have
already taken a route of "thinking outside the box", there could be such a thing as thinking
too far out of the box, when trying to come up with something that players may just be
interested in. This idea, sure, players may very well log on to check it out. It's hard to say.
Myself, I've been playing nothing but EQ or slightly customized EQ for a long time now.
When I look at playing on something like this, it would make me feel like I just bought
the game version of the TV series, OZ. But I can honestly tell you, I wouldn't hesitate to
log on at least once to take a look at the work that was done on the content, just to see how
far one got with a goal like that.
There is only one little hurdle in a thread like this, because I've noticed it's difficult to
get feedback from more than (what I call) a handfull of players. The general player base can
reach well over 3K at peak times, but on the forums, with threads like this, even 20 responses
is a small example to try and determine a popular interest. But that's not written in stone.
You just never know until the server is up and running, it could end up taking off fast.