View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:01 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Why would you scrap warrior when endurance can be used the same as mana?

Make the abilities discs.

You can make a disc cast a buff that doesn't get used by a timer.

There's absolutely no reason to remove any melee classes because "mana" is a problem.
Yes, I know - you can use endurance instead of mana as source of energy.
I agree.
There are however some limitation related to Discs - unlike spells, they are more limited number of "empty slots" for discs (I believe its like 100?), and you can't delete them. Which means you can't give them an increasing progression as with spells (firebolt 1,2,3,4 etc), which leads to - you most likely will have to design them in such way that there are few of them and they improve with level by themselves.

You could probably make an npc or a custom command to reset/delete Discs but this could be another hassle for players.
On other hand, perhaps a warrior/monk/rogue/zerker doesn't really need as many abilities as say - Enchanter. So yeah this could be worked around.

I guess my most significant grief with pure melees is over a Monk - an amazing class in every way, that suffers from WASTED abilities. You get these cool monk skills every 5 levels (round kick, eagle strike, etc), but once you get a new one, previous one gets obsolete, people auto-switch and never go back. I believe they tried to give earlier abilities more value with AAs, but they didn't really worked out.

What would be better if each of these fancy strikes would not just do damage but have a unique perk to it (stun, interrupt, debuff etc) so you wouldn't just press the one that does more damage.