View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:59 PM
tdanger84
Fire Beetle

hell levels were a way to slow peoples progression down to give Eq more time to release content and space out the player base that was doing high end content. you have mobs with insane spawn times and triggers and whatnot so you don't want the whole server to be at that level simultaneously. in EMU it's more of an annoyance than anything else. A bunch of servers like their exp rates low to make people "focus on the journey" like you guys talked about, but most of us don't want to just play one toon forever. each class is a different experience so I personally like higher experience rates that will allow me to level as many alts as I want. if it takes way too long to level 1 toon then get bored and wont bother to make an alt on that server. once i get bored with the 1 toon I will likely look to another server. it has happened on too many servers that during leveling you hit an exp "wall" at higher level and it takes so long that is more of a chore to play your toon then fun. i can only clear a zone so many times before i stop and ask myself what the point of the grind is. if content is challenging then the rewards should be great.