View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
One thing that could be done is like diablo, scale difficulty based on how many players are in the game.

We all have to learn from the elephant in the room. Imagine the people at p99 made the server and just "saw how much interest" there was from the eqemu community. Do you think they would have 1.5 thousand people from people who were on eqemu when they released it? No way in heck. They would have mabye 200 players.

They created their community, not just pulled people from other servers. They massively advertized on youtube and other forums and communities getting their message in front of literally MILLIONS of old school gamers. Eqemu is the size it is in great part because of the new players p99 brought in. I would never have found eqemu if I didn't see p99's youtube videos that brought me to their server and eventually here.

You have to create demand from your server not just see what currently exists. You have to take a leap of faith to make it big.
Uhh, actually prior to P99 (which most of it's players stay on p99) the population was quite the same.

EZ has stayed the same, THF etc.

P99 really didn't do much for the EMU community.