Thread: Population
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 05:17 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Well back when the "family man" played EQ, it wasn't much different than someone having, for example, a hot rod project in the garage that he worked on whenever he had time.
My wife, kids and I would spend time together as a family, sometimes the wife would spend one on one time with the kids and times I would spend "daddy time" with the kids. Any
hours I spent on EQ was strictly when the wife and kids were busy, or sleeping. Right from day one, it was always difficult for a guild to have enough on for a raid, I soloed, I grouped
and had the odd opportunity to go on a raid once in awhile. I just did whatever was feasible at the time. A family lifestyle doesn't really prevent you from doing anything in the
game, it would just take a lot longer to accomplish things you want to do. It can take many more months and lots of patience, while keeping RL responsibilities a priority. I never
climbed on to play any computer game when my wife and kids were awake and/or in my presence. But I wasn't in one of those relationships where the "couple" spends 24/7 together.
We gave each other our own space, and what we did in that space was an individual preference. Some used it in the garage, others were in a sports bar with his buddies and
some, well, we were playing EQ. At one point, we had a Thursday night ritual where 5 of us got together in a room every Thusday night we had setup with our towers and have a
"gaming night" The wife and kids were doing their own thing at a friend's house, doing girly things