View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 04:28 PM
clobby2
Fire Beetle

I really like this server. The QoL is great with a nicer default UI (than the usual Titanium client) including the tradeskill window and that is just the start.

It's brand-stinkin'-new so there are some bugs and whatnot but I feel there are far fewer than some servers that have been out for over a year. I have only seen minor bugs and I think that is pretty impressive for such a new server. Some of the zone connections may put you in the wrong spot - that has happened to me twice and each time I ooc for GM assistance and seriously not 10 seconds later I get a GM teleport to where the zone was supposed to connect to. They actually have a specific thread for it on their forums so it's nice to know that this is something that is high priority to them and that they are working to fix them.

This server is not an EZ-mode server, but it is also not a nitpicky "omg this is out of era!!" server (not knocking P99 or others - they are great for what they are). In game maps were the LoY expansion but this server has them for all zones and I think that's just fine. There are other examples of out of era features (did I mention the tradeskill window? ) but none of them are going to trivialize content. I want the challenging content that we all think of when we think of EQ and this server delivers on that while not delivering on the soul-sucking, real-life-draining, neck-beard-growing experience that we know all too well.

The people are nice and helpful - I've seen randoms helping other randoms complete quests, exp, etc. so that they can have a positive gaming experience. I'll be sticking around here for sure.