View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 02:08 AM
Movement
Sarnak

I'm gonna keep bumping this until I can figure it out. I like to think we are a community of people who help one another, for the sake of the community. I am building a server so that my wife and I can play and enjoy. Not compete with anyone else. One day (not any time soon) I will open it for people to play on publicly, but I certainly wont be "competing" with anyone else. I hope no one is choosing to "not help me" simply because they are afraid of me competing with them. And I like to think that there has been at least one person that has read this thread that can help me. Likewise I am still working on this issue, simply because I dont know shit about LUA or Perl or scripting language with regard to EQ and I am learning every day. But that doesnt mean I know everything even though I am smart enough to usually figure it out and move on. But until this gets resolved development of my server is effectively halted. Now, some of you might be saying; "well good! I had to learn on my own, and so do you!", but thats a really shitty attitude to have. And to be honest if someone else on here was asking for help and I knew I could help, i'd certainly try (as I have in the past!). I will keep working on this and checking this post every day, and if I figure out a resolution I will respond with an update so this post can then be ignored. I just hope someone who reads this is compelled to do what we as humans should do when someone asks for help and you know, help them!

(for the record Akkadius did respond to me on another semi-unrelated post and posted some links with some info, so I am going to read those and see if I can figure it out.)