View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Default New PacketCollector version

I need help beta testing this new version and help in collecting items if you dont mind. Just download it from http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip. If it says your missing wpcap.dll, just install the third party network tool available at: http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm. Once that is done, just run it with the following options to collect items:

Code:
packetcollector.exe (whatever your ip address is) -items -name (whatever upload name you want for stats)
Let me know if you have any errors or problems.

From previous post:
Quote:
There will be a new version of PacketCollector released shortly that should solve most of the problems that people have been experiencing. This was a large overhaul, especially in the way we were handling items. Now when a person collects an item, its uploaded in its raw form to us. We will then run a program on it to parse the data so its useful to us and it will be inserted into the downloadable database. This new process will enable us to reprocess the data if it becomes corrupted instead of people having to retrieve the items. I think the best bet to ensure that all the items are clean, is to do a complete wipe of all items in the database and then process the items as they come in. Depending on how many people help collect, it might take a little while to get it fully populated again. Anyways, stay tuned, it will be out tomorrow or Tuesday.
I havent wiped all the items yet, but once we have a good number of raw items in the database, I'll wipe the old items and setup the automated process that will convert any new items that come in and insert them into the database so they can be downloaded and searched through. (So the more people that help, the sooner we can get rid of some of the corrupted items in our database and replace them with good versions)