View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 04:38 AM
kidder
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodman
I think the "released" 0.5.8 version of EQEmu has the changes in world that uses your IP for LS->world handoff like the 5996 login server does. Which also matches what you are seeing.

As far as the latest CVS, what version is that. I assume it is 0.5.9-DR1. For that 5996 loginserver will -not- work for it, as 0.5.9-DR1 does not use the IP during hand off.

My server is running 0.5.9-DR1 and my client is patched completely to live. I am behind a NAT fire wall and I am doing the DNS "trick".

I'm connecting to the login server on port 5994 and it works flawlessly. As a matter of fact, I am sitting at character select on my server right now.

And, I just tried it with the pre-9/14 client and I'm zoned in to Gfay.

Moral of the story? If you are on 0.5.8, move to 0.5.9-DR1.

After reading all of the threads on this site pertaining to the compatability of the CURRENT live patch and EQEmu, I have found that most people are saying it will not work until the next release. Doodman, you are the only one that hints at the opposite. In the above post you state that you are patched fully to live and sitting at the character select screen on the 5994 loginserver. But, can you actually login to the world with that most current patch (post 9/14)? I'm thinking the answer is no.

We are running a 0.5.9-DR1 server and are able to connect to the server and create characters. When we try to enter the world we are brought back to the server select screen. I know there are 100 other posts annoying the hell out of everyone with the same problem, but honestly I am trying to grasp at the hope that you are right...or that I have read your posts right and the newest CVS is compatible with live.

I already have a client that will play on WR, and one that will play on 5.7DR6 servers. I just missed the short window between the release of 5.8 and the patch of 9/14. Not dead in the water, I'm just anxious to try out the new PEQ database and EQEmu program...sounds slick as hell.