View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 05:50 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Default Re: Classic War Battle Type Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accio
I was reading milasamo or w/e that guys name was with the PoP Progression server.
Is my name really that hard to remember? Lol.

Anyways its a good idea, however it doesnt leave much for groups or larger raids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accio
Ding 10 (just for safety purposes).
This basically will make the event so much easier. Unless you have skeletons agroing in huge clumps the player is going to be able to defend themselves quite adequately. Also with the experience they will rapidly advance beyond the level where the event is challenging in any way and defeat the purpose.

Also...100-150 mobs of the same kind in any one place close together = such insane lag, especially if they all attack together.

I would have quest scrpits running timers spawning waves of mobs, and if any one mob crosses a border line (xyz coords) the whole event despawns and you have to try again. This adds in a need-more-than-one-person challenge and will also make classes who are not adept at soloing melee style or with large numbers of mobs (chanters, wizards, etc. unless very high level) have a chance of actually clearing the event. After the final wave, the boss will spawn. Id also reccomend making the boss much higher level than the smaller mobs and even make each wave stronger, because the person will be recieving so much exp if you plan to have 100ish mobs in an event.

Just my 2cp.