Thread: EQ2 or WoW?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Default EQ2 or WoW?

Ya, I know this kind of post is ALL over the place, but I want to see what the majority of EQEmu players say. Theres no poll, because I want people to say more than just 'WoW' or 'EQ2'. I want to see some reasons.

I have played both of them, I was in the Stress test for WoW, and I'm in EQ2 Beta right now. WoW I got up to a level 8 Night Elf Rogue. EQ2 I am currently a level 12 Wood Elf Rogue (And climbing).

I would have to say that so far, I enjoy EQ2 More. Not only do the graphics really put a feel into the game, but the gameplay is pretty good. Also, How could I fail to mention.. QUESTS? Quests all over the place, tons of them to do, Solo and group. EQ2 Doesn't just throw you in and say 'kill stuff, get levels jya'. It has a bunch of quests you can do and just doing them you can get up to level 6-10 easily.

Also, as a side note if anyone feels like making another comment on this, I noticed that WoW and EQ2 have similar 'gameplay' engines. Not visuals, But I mean like the backend, You just notice many things are similar. This makes me curious as to if they really are using the same engine and if so who made it, etc.