View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:36 PM
trevius
Developer

That whole post is ridiculous. One can only hope you were being sarcastic lol.

Our 2 projects have nothing to do with each other, really. It might as well be WoW emu or DAoC emu or even Aion emu asking for our devs lol. We have put years of work into this project, which proves we enjoy it quite a bit. Personally I never got into EQ2 even though I still have an unlimited free account for it and had anticipated it's release for long before it came out. The game just lacked in many ways IMO.

I don't know why you guys keep posting saying our project is finished, or about EQ1 failing. Our project has little to do with EQLive's current state. And if our project was complete already, you wouldn't see SVN updates nearly daily adding more features, fixing bugs, adding new client compatiblity, etc etc.

Unlike EQ1Live and EQ2Live, our 2 emu projects are not both paid for by SOE. So, while it may make sense to try to get EQ1Live devs to work on EQ2Live, it is a completely useless argument for the emulator world of EQ. We have nothing tying us together and never will. Expecting someone to stop working on what they have worked years to build and start working on something else full time just because it needs help, doesn't make much sense.

If you want to complain to devs about lack of work on EQ2Emu, you are complaining to the wrong project's devs :P Keep in mind that these projects are 100% volunteer work. So, calling people selfish for not doing what you think they should be doing actually makes you the selfish one.