View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 04:08 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Default Character_auras missing from fresh install.

If character_auras is no longer used, or has been replaced, let me know. If that isn’t the case, read below.

I recently found some of my notes from where I played for a couple of months, a year ago. I decided to create a server from scratch and see what has changed and whether any of the noted issues still persisted. If they did, I was going to form up a post and share.

I installed EQEmu from scratch, on 12/30/2018, by downloading the newest install. Everything went smoothly. The only oddities were after the initial install, when I ran check updates on both the game database and bot database. Both found server older updates that were missing. I mention that in case older updates are overwriting newer changes, if that is possible. Beyond that, the current updates are 9132 and 9021.

I made the needed adjustments to the login files and started the server. Everything, once again, went smoothly. Upon entering the game, I got the following client error message “[MySQL Error] 1146: Table ‘peq.character_auras’ doesn’t exist --- SELECT ‘spell_id’ FROM ‘character_auras’ WHERE ‘id’ =682808 ORDER.” I used HeidiSQL to check the database and that entry does not exist. There is a large number of other entries, including the newer ones, like data_buckets.

Before posting, I decided to run the new_server option. The end result is the same as above, no character_auras.

I bring this to your attention in case it was accidentally deleted from the source. I will do some further testing. I looked through the changelog and didn’t notice anything referencing it. Worse case, I can try and figure out how to export/import from an older install, assuming there hasn't been any important changes since then.