View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Hateborne
Hill Giant

Default Minor VB Tool

I built a minor tool to possibly address this. I tested it as hard as I could with only three characters over two days. If I had some generics to play with, I could produce more. I simply do not have the time/willpower to make new characters every day or so to test this (or manipulate my system time to keep making characters).

It worked fine for me, but I do not have thousands of characters to sort through.

Simply go to the 'BackgroundData.vb' and fill in the username, password, database name, etc. Once you do that, compile it, run it, win.

This was built specifically with EZ Server in mind. As such, the tables hit are: timers, faction_values, aa_timers, player_corpses, player_corpses_backup, character_backup, inventory, and character_.

http://www.filedropper.com/deleteoldcharacters ("Download This File", not the other three "Download" buttons...)

This could probably be done through a PHP script as well, I just have not bothered (as I don't run a server and this is sufficient). If you are running a Linux server, I will create a PHP version. Just blow up the private message box or hateborne@gmail.com.

-Hate