View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
RoF version is the same, (Built Dec 10 2012) and works the same on eqemu i have Live and Gold access RoF
Yes, but did you purchase RoF through Steam and check the build date before patching? I assume the answer is no, which means that isn't the info we are looking for. Really, the Steam RoF download is almost certainly the same as the F2P download from Steam, so it shouldn't matter. We were just asking if anyone has been able to verify that yet. It is pretty low priority though since the F2P client is readily available on Steam.

For now, probably the most important thing is to get EQExtractor2 working with the current Live client to make the opcode and structure work easier to do. I don't know of an easy way to do it using Wireshark. I figure we can use the info that showeq has found for the new client to get the extractor working, and then go from there. Once I can get packet dumps, I can start working on getting logged in, which hopefully shouldn't be too hard. Then there is the matter of populating the rest of the opcodes and adding all of the new structures and encode/decodes which is the majority of the work for client compatibility.