View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydria View Post
Ok, I got the HPRegenMultiplier, ManaRegenMultiplier and EnduranceRegenMultiplier rules to work, so I change my code to work with those. The code now checks a variable to see if the server allows increase out of combat regen rates, if it does, it will increase the characters out of combat regen rate by the amount in the HP, Mana and EnduranceRegenMultiplier rules.
If the server is not using out of combat regen rates, but has the regenmultiplier rules set, then it will use them the way the worked before.
I am not totally understanding the need for this, by default the rules are set to 100. If you were to change them to say 200, your regen would double, or to 50, they would half. Isn't that what you are doing? I am fairly certain the rules effect all regen, both in and out of combat. I feel as though I am missing somthing, so if you could explain that would be awesome.

I'm no developer, but I'm pretty sure the trend is to move away from the variables table and use rules instead. The benefit of course, is that they can be changed and refreshed in-game with a few commands. Most variables require a server reboot to take effect. Your OOCRegen variable probably should be made into a bool rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydria View Post
Sorry for double post, I just update the code to check if players were mounted, if they are, meditate is always on....
No need to apologize, it's your thread

The mount change is a much needed one, and I am certain many people will appreciate it. However, I see you have the same if statement repeated twice. Couldn't you just combine sitting and mounted together, like:
Code:
if (IsSitting() || GetHorseId() != 0){
I'm no coder, so that's probably incorrect but you get the idea.