View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Ya, if you're going to get into things like binding yourself inside the lobby, then things will get glitched. Something I have actually done in the past was eliminate the instanced version of the lobby period which can be done with the RoF2 client, if you have, (or can get) the older zone files for guild lobby and guild hall.(for example, from a UF client). Backup the original zone files from RoF, and replace them with the older version zone files. Then you can point the lobby door to the non-instanced version. (guild hall doors work too).
That can be done by script (player.pl in poknowledge quest folder), or in the doors table in database. That kind of configuration is good for any server who wants to have all clients (including RoF) zone into the same lobby. For my own preferences, I always tried to use the doors table as much as possible without scripts, whenever possible. Many port spells can have their destination adjusted in the spells_new table, but also through global scripts. There is a smorgasboard of options available for customization.