View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Phew, marathon sessions of trial and error with numbers the last couple of nights.

I've gotten the .eff files 100% figured out, including a number of hard-coded values for sound effects and music selections.

I've also gotten the .emt files figured out, aside from a couple of fields that don't seem to do anything no matter what I put in them. Those are just listed as '?'.

Here's the .emt file format. You can paste this line at the top of the file for reference. The semicolon tells the client to skip that line.

Code:
;?,soundfile (wav=sound, xmi/mp3=music for volume sliders),0=OK 1=OK,when 0=always 1=day 2=night,volume (1.0 = 100%),FadeInMS,FadeOutMS,?,X,Y,Z,WavFullVolRadius,WavMaxAudibleDist,1 = RandomizeLocation,Range,(1+ = Only when alt-tabbed away),(2+ = Only when alt-tabbed away),xmiIndex,Echo (50 = Max),IsEnvSound (for option toggle)
To make the music fade, use the 4th and 5th fields. 4th field fades the sound/music in over the course of as many milliseconds as you specify when the character gets in range. 5th field fades the sound/music out over the milliseconds when the character goes out of range. 500/1000 or so seems good for sound effects. 1000/2000 seems nice for music.

xmiIndex is for choosing which MIDI song to play in an xmi music file. gfaydark.xmi has 6 different songs, for example, so you can specify 0-5 for that one for different locations (Kelethin, Crushbone, Felwithe) or different times of day.

Friday's project will be making the converter from .eff to .emt so we can actually customize our zones!

Last edited by Shendare; 06-05-2015 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: typo