View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
That is, if I am understanding this correctly. That does sound about right, but judging by what other players and myself have seen, it seems like the system still isn't exacly as random as it should be. I am still checking into it to see if I can figure out if there is a reason for it, or if I have just had some really insane odds in some cases. I apologise if I am making an ordeal out of something that isn't an issue. But, if there was an issue, it would definitely be worth correcting considering that a large portion of the game is based on loot

well Trev you need to take few things into account when you say that "people are noticing". On LIVE when you would try to evaluate chance of mob droping something if you go to Allakhazam and pull up say mob which during course of EQ has been killed over and over for YEARS then yeah you could make a conclusions, but just a dozen kills you don't get much of statistic. Another important thing is the size of the loot table. If raid boss can drop as many as 20 items say all with equal chance, after 100 kills you not even scrathing a surface to reliable statistics. (btw you can give said boss a x20 loot multyplier and see how many times any given item gets picked)

For example on LIVE Aten Ha Ra has a loot table of 15+ items long and can drop up to 6 items at once (x6 multyplier essentialy). One guild has reported that out of 26 AHR kills (that over course of 2 years, and basicly 26*6=156 Random rolls) they got Leggins of Judgement total of ONCE. On my own first AHR kill I got lucky - she actualy droped them for me =)

There was another instance with one of PoP gods (can't recall which) and specific weapon that guy could drop. One guild reported that in 2 dozens raids they NEVER got it, yeat another guild reported that 3 of them droped on a single kill once.

essentialy if 2 items have equal chance of been droped, thats only a CHACE not a garantee. You can flip a coin all day long and get all "tails" =)
While statisticly you should get a 50/50 split, there is ZERO garantee that it will happen for sure =) But speaking pure math, as ammount of atempts approaches infinity, the probability slowly starts falling in line with predictions