View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 04:07 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckempke View Post
The documentation lists this as "coming soon."

All of my users have Rof2-era clients, but moving around the world it keeps trying to put us in (sometimes non-existent) old zones: east commonlands instead of common lands, tox instead of toxxulia, etc.

If I just set the "currentExpansion" rule in ruleset 1 to "19", will that make it use only the modern maps, or do I have to edit every zone point table manually? (Or something else).

There are all of like three players on the server, so I shouldn't need to support older client builds at all.

(TL;DR: What steps do I need to do to set up "just use the world as it existed for RoF, nothing older.")
If you want to utilize all the available revamps of older zones, you will have some work to do. I'm working on a side project which is doing that, but content in those zones is not totally fullfilling, haha

Various tables you have to edit, including the zone_points, doors, char_creation, etc., just to get the newer zones up and running, but you also have some player scripts in some zones that will send you to the older version as soon as you enter the old zone. Just look in the quests/zone-name folder for either player.pl or player.lua (In some cases, for myself, I just rename the player script to disable it).

For my own needs, I don't care for scripts running the zone points or doors, so I get it all fixed in the database, except for the guild hall.