View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The new version of the installer is out, utilizing the 1104 EQEmu binaries and DB, as well as up to date quests.

A third binary has been added, meant to update the previous version of the installer. If you already have Server Pack installed, grab the upgrade which by far is the smallest of the 3. It will update your binaries, quests, and system tables of the db without destroying toons, bots, and server configuration.

If you are new to the Server Pack, then you'll need to pick a full version. If you are new to EQEmu and don't already have maps downloaded, then I recommend grabbing the version with maps. It's hefty (200+MB), but it will get you setup with everything you need, except for Titanium, Perl and MySQL.

Please read the notes at the beginning of the installer. This will help prevent problems, especially since Perl was recently updated and breaks EQEmu!

Please note that EQoffline included is still using 1102 (the same as the previous Server Pack installation). Unless somebody beats me to it, I plan on merging the bot code into 1104 eventually. Due to new columns/rules in the db, you may get some errors on start up when using these binaries. However, they should still work fine and the errors are safe to ignore. EQoffline users will still benefit from the updated quests and DB content.

Link is the same as above:

http://projecteq.net/downloads

Last edited by cavedude; 04-11-2008 at 09:31 PM..