View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
PhantomRogue
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple120223 View Post
So I don't have a login server lost password, it's just the password to the actual eqemulator.org website. Can anyone help me at least get the email that I used for it?
Nope. Far as I know, and have read, there is no way to get that account reset, other than finding Rogean and having him do it.

Would love to see in addition to the change LS Password, a forgot one, where you enter in the email used for the Forum account registration. Then fire off an email to that account (if it matches the original Registration one in the Site/Forum DB) with some random ID which would expire within 5 minutes.

Then they would go to 'change' LS Password, enter in that ID, the Sites Password and the new LS Password.

Gives you 2 steps of validation. 1 being knowing the email, and the other proving they still have access to that Email account. 2. they know the emu site's login information.

Now if you don't have access to that email account, then there is nothing that can be done. But it would pretty much solve 99% of the people who ask for LS resets (myself included).

I mean, in theory, if you assume the emu login isn't compromised, you can just add a captcha (free) to the 'forgot' screen, and have them enter the sites current password (instead of the current account password), and new one for the LS account.