View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Blanket Tools Question

Other than ruby extractor (which seems way defunct) I'm not seeing much along the lines of data collecting tools from Live. Thus, my question is, are there any still functioning, and what are they?

Not a doomsday type, but with the possible RIP in June (just look it up on like massivelyop) as well as just because factor, I'd like to try to gather as much basic info while im playing Live, as i can, legally of coures (i know some are gray areas, but if im sniffing my own packets on my own network its legal to me. i dont want to be able to use the info while still in game is all)

Ive been wanting to see how much updating of whats in the emu db for mobspawns etc i could do in this manner (like the mobs in shard's landing i tried when first installed all died in 1 hit so major overcons) but now that im doing more playing and less research, itd be nice to be able to gather anything that might be missing, if possible. Quest info is all avail on alla and eqresource, crafting on eqtraders, armor augs weapons etc on multiple sites, and graphics in the updated client, but how much is missing that could be added? are the zones and the new mobmodels themselves extractable from the client without any more info? Is there a simple item collector that works, that collects to your machine not just redirects to an outside site?

I know theres a lot to do on my end to update the more modern expacs and add in alll the quests etc, but im wondering how much I could pull from a post-rof client running Live to build later zones in a basic manner at least: new mob models and the full zone layouts etc. if can import the items in bulk rather than individually from lucy, itd be helpful but not absolutely necessary. Does the zone importer work that way at all? the name implies it but what i read in its thread did not at all sound that way. Is Ruby still viable and if so, where to get it?

I guess im asking first, how much even needs to be pulled from a running instance of the Live game vs an offline client folder, and second: if theres a way to get that which is not inside the client folder to start with and isnt archived on 6billion sites already.

NOTE: I'm not asking this for a right now usage thing, but a doomsday prepper mindset of if they announce om june 4 that eq will not be up on june 5, What can I use and just run around the game on its last day so can i keep playing since i JUST started playing again lol. If it was to avoid paying for anything, i would just play on Test and not have just bought expansion on 2 accounts, with 2 more to be bought this week.