View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 03:33 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

yeah i saw the forum for his tools, but i didnt see where to get them in it, jsut talkign about whether it was working or not etc, unless it's not stickied or even on the first page.

the eoc forum was where i kept seeing that you had to run it on linux not windows, but if there is a way to run on windows without a linux vm, i'd be happy to use that just saw no mention of it.

the last post in kayotro forum is 7 years old, description of worldbuilding one says posting databases themselves, the PEQeditor might work for me but idk just how involved it is or isnt..so i will check that one out if i can, and theres a sticky about portable servers that might benefit my offline editing mission, but jsut in the 1 forum (3rd party tools) there are dozens discussed which is a little too many choices to start with...great for later though. Ill definitely be messing with shendares item editor IF i find stuff thats missing form the game, but so far everything ive looked for through the endgame RoF, is there just bags cap at 10slots and augslot21 is missing, so idk what id need to edit for items other than droprates, and i dont think thats part of this editor.

i guess im having same issue as Dremis couple years ago, but idk if he gave up or found his solution lol. at least his thread has goerges tools site linked..just everything's 2yrs old or more and idk how to get versions that work currently, or do these links go to current versions just the site itself hasnt been updated?

lol i guess this is what its like for someone that never played eq or ANY mmorpg before getting plopped in eq today with like a heroic character (lvl 85) and having to figure out the thousands of aa's, hundreds of spells, hundreds of zones, as well as how to just not get killed walking around lol. i'll figure it out, just i can get tied up for hours just investigating one aspect of something so having dozens of somethings to check out and compare...itd take me a month just to pick one to work with to start with lol. should i jsut grab georges tools off the georges tools site, and the peq editor, and figure them out and then move on? or arent they really the most beginner friendly? i konw they are very versatile but versatile often isnt best to learn on.