View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 05:37 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Written communication sucks sometimes.

The reason I said whether or not it was a bard was irrelevant was because I could get my bind wound skill over 200! Again, and I want to stress this, I have not modified the database beyond removing defiant/combatant's/adept's drops and making sure mercs are turned off. I have done absolutely nothing involving skill caps!

To prove my point, I just ran a simple sql query:
select * from eq.skill_caps where skillid = 9 and level = 50;

The results I get are for each class (1 thru 16) at level 50, the skill cap for skill 9 (which should be bind wound) is all the same - 275! That means every class can get their bind wound skill up to 275 at level 50!

I used the database source file of peqbeta_2015-08-12-02_01.tar.gz.

I am stating that version of the database seems to support the bind wound skill going over 200, without increasing the bind wound skill to support up to 70% health.

Using Underfoot client, btw...

Doing another test with a WARRIOR this time...
create new character,
set level to 45 (#level 45) skills ui shows skill cap of 250 for Bind Wound,
summon many stacks of bandages (#summon 13009 20),
set bind wound skill to 197 (#setskill 9 197),
damage self to set health below 50% (#damage 1000) as needed
keep using bind wound until skill increases over 200 (yeah this takes awhile...)
keep damaging self below 50% until skill is over 200, then more bind wound,
Got the cannot bind wounds above 50% message with bind wound skill of 201!
Zoned to make sure this is not something that requires zoning before it works.
Same thing - cannot bind wounds above 50%.
Continued bind wound until skill got up to 211. Got the same message - "You cannot bind wounds above 50% hitpoints."

These are the steps I used to test this...

IIRC, if skills go above what the client seems to support, skills turn yellow on the Skills ui window. They are not yellow, so the client does not appear to be the limiter.

I am able to get bind wound skill up to over 210 at level 45 on the bard and the warrior. Neither can bind wounds beyond 50%, which is the reason I am asking for confirmation that this is normal. I do not believe it should work this way. My understanding is that if you can get your bind wound skill to over 200, then you should be able to bind wounds up to 70% health, which I cannot do.

That is what I am stating.