View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 AM
PetitScarabee
Fire Beetle

Why not allow LS password change only to forum accounts whose password has been changed after 2007 ? (providing this information is available).

Or, for people like me having one working LS account, could we just ask to copy the password from the working account to the not working ones ? This way passwords are still kept inside the login server.

Finally, if LS passwords just can't be retrieved at this time, even by PMing someone, the link in the user CP that seem to allow that should be changed to an information "REALLY just don't forget your LS passwords, because there is currently NO WAY to retreive them". I think it could save everyone some time. And with a good warning people will not assume the password can be retrieved easily with the forum account and make sure they keep it safe: sometimes I don't have my passwordsafe handy and trust the registered email address to allow me to recover my password if I forget it before I am able to store it.

I have personnally no interrest in getting back characters, I just want not to have two forum accounts while still having the option of two LS accounts. Still, if there is no other way I will just create another forum account. I just think it should be made clear, and most people would cease to bother the good guys allowing the login server to exist in the first place.