View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

I know exactly what he's talking about Null. I had this issue before your update as well.

Forgive me if I hadn't explained the issue as clearly as I thought.

So allow me to reiterate what's happening for me.

Step 1.

Step 2.

Copy any spell in the list, then click "Write Changes to Database". Check HeidiSQL and the new spell is visible, there is a copy of a custom spell of mine called "Recall". Database shows "Copy of Recall".

Step 3.

Change the name of the copy of the custom spell to "Copy of Recall Test", then click "Write Changes to Database". Check HeidiSQL and the file name is exactly the same as it was before, "Copy of Recall". No change took place.

The only function that works for me and "Write Changes to Database" is the "Copy" function. The Delete function doesn't work, nor does altering any data on a spell, including something simple like the name.

GaG's issue stems from the same issue as "Write Changes to Database". Neither functions are doing what they're supposed to do, which is alter the database.

As for "Full Write to Database" it will clear the database (it did this to me before I even posted on this thread), but it won't write anything.

Writing changes to database, full write, and delete do not write anything unfortunately. The only thing that actually writes any change to the database is the "Copy" function. You can copy something, alter it, then write that change to the database, but after you write that change you can no longer write further changes to that same spell you just copied. Basically a one-shot deal.

This applies also to spells that are in the spells_new file already.

It appears that the ability to write completely new rows is functioning only with the "Copy" function (as seen in the case when copying a spell and writing a whole new row) but you cannot update a spell after it has been inserted and saved into a row on the database.

I hope I've made it a little more clear this time around.

You've been a great help with this tool and your support for it. I'm behind it all the way and I hope that we here in this thread can make it the highlight of spell editing tools. Love ya George but you have enough tools that we all love, so you can share some of the lime-light. =p

You've done a great job Null, keep it up!